Saturday, May 4, 2024

Not Quite Ready for a New Color

Even though the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge switched over from April's yellow to pink on May 1st, I still had some sets of yellow blocks to finish off. 

Up first were my yellow Terry blocks, inspired by Terry Rowland's colorwash quilts, featured in her series of three YouTube videosThese scrappy little blocks will finish at 3".


Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts is hosting a Birthday Quilt 2024 quilt-along. There is a new pattern for a 6" block posted every week. I am alternating using a dark or a light background each week, and my blocks this month all feature yellow.


The yellow Rail Fence Spinners needed yellow strips cut before I could make the blocks. After that, they went together very quickly.


It was a lucky coincidence that the May block pattern for Jen's Color Challenge featured yellow. The inspiration for Jen's color choice was the Electric Yellow Lab, a type of tropical fish.


I'm done with the yellow scraps and hope to have some time this weekend to start pulling out my bits and pieces of pink.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Love all your blocks. That Electric Yellow Lab block is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've did a great job on all the yellow blocks. Enjoy playing with pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your yellow blocks are pretty. My favorite are the Terry blocks, I love them! Pink is going to be fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't feel done with yellow either. I just love your tiny squares in color blocks
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those 3” blocks and the placement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty blocks. Those Terry blocks are going to be a stunning quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those three incb blocks are going to make a statement in the color wash quilt. WOW to all the blocks you constructed for the color yellow!!!!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out Julie and the link to the videos I appreciate that

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...