Sunday, April 28, 2024

Stash Report and Stitching Time 4/28/2024

The end of April turned into a flurry of travel and fun. After returning from our trip to Florida just over a week ago, we decided to go to the big quilt show in Paducah this week. It's always exciting and a little overwhelming to be surrounded by so many amazing quilts and by all the people who want to see them. We left home early on Thursday and got back on Saturday afternoon, a whirlwind of a trip!

I haven't yet had a chance to go through my photos from the quilt show, but I do have some from the National Quilt Museum. My favorite there was Corona II: Solar Eclipse by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry. This quilt won Best of Show at the AQS show in 1989, and it was the first totally machine-stitched quilt to win the top award at that show.

Corona II: Solar Eclipse by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry

I'm sure I have seen this quilt before, but I don't remember ever seeing the beautiful pieced backing. You can read more about this amazing quilt HERE.


Naturally I did some fabric shopping while in Paducah, although I never visited the Hancock's of Paducah store. I knew it would be crazy busy there, and I get to shop there whenever we make the drive from Georgia to Wisconsin to visit my family, usually twice a year.

My purchases included one wide backing piece (the blue-green on the right), one yard of the black/grey stripe on the left, and the rest are all fat quarters. Total fabric added is 5.5 yards.


After totaling up the usage for some sets of blocks made earlier in the month, I can count 2.375 yards of fabric used. That includes all the yellow blocks shared in yesterday's post, plus the latest group of blocks for the Chatsworth quilt-along.

Chatsworth, Blocks 3 - 6

2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                   2.375 yards
Used year to date:               29.25 yards
Added last week:                   5.50 yards
Added year to date:             27.50 yards
Net used in 2024:              1.75 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I continued working on my hand applique project on our travel days, plus spent some time at the machine on the other days.

15 Minute Challenge for 2024: 
4/21 - 4/27             7 of 7 days
2024 Total        115 of 118 days
Success rate              97%       

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very fun trip. You found some fun fabrics. Even with all the travel you still got in all your stitching time. Hopefully this week is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to go to the show! Carol Breyer Fallert Gentry did a workshop with our guild about 2o years ago. I made a potholder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some crazy complicated star blocks! Sounds like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...