Sunday, April 7, 2024

Stash Report and Stitching Time 4/7/2024

I've been chipping away at my fabric stash usage this week, with just over a yard of fabric used and no new fabric added. Some of the fabric used went into the collection of purple Terry blocks that I shared in yesterday's post. The rest of the fabric used went into two blocks for Jen's Monthly Color Challenge. These blocks finish at 12".


Jen's inspiration for the color of this month's block was a tropical fish called the Electric Blue Hap. As soon as I read "electric blue", I knew I had to use the swirly blue fabric in the block above.

Photo from Modest Fish


I made a second version of the block with a lighter blue batik and a darker blue stripey background.

I've been making two blocks each month for this challenge. I decided to get some photos of the two different sets on the design wall. The blocks in the first set all have similar dark blue batiks for the background.


Each block in the second set of uses a darker version of that month's color inspiration for the background and a lighter one for the contrast.


I can't decide which set of blocks I like better. I'll just keep on making my blocks each month and see how they look at the end of the year.

2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                  1.125 yards
Used year to date:             26.875 yards
Added last week:                    0.0 yards
Added year to date:               22.0 yards
Net used in 2024:            4.875 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. My quilting time was somewhat reduced this week because I went back to work for a couple days. The Alliance Theatre, my former employer, has a big show coming up and needed some extra help. I'll continue to spend a couple days a week there for the next month. Despite that, I still managed to get my 15 minutes of stitching time every single day last week!

15 Minute Challenge for 2024: 
3/31 - 4/6            7 of 7 days
2024 Total        97 of 97 days
Success rate                100%

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Very cool blocks. I like the dark blue background set best at the moment. Your metrics are looking good. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks. They are so bright and colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't pick a favorite either, love both versions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not picking a favorite until I see all the blocks together. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...