Saturday, April 27, 2024

Scrappy Yellow Blocks

Quilting time has been in very short supply lately, but I was finally able to make blocks for two of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects, where our color of the month is yellow. I started with the Hen & Chicks blocks for the RSC 2024 Sampler Quilt.

This was my first set of yellow blocks. They will finish at 6" and 3". I had them about 75% finished when I realized that my previous blocks had been made entirely from batiks. These have the same batik background as earlier blocks, but regular quilt cottons for the rest. I went ahead and finished these off...


then turned around and made another set out of batiks. I know it doesn't really matter to anyone else, but I feel better now.


There was also enough time to finish off my set of Hollow 9-Patch blocks. These blocks will finish at 6".



Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

10 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so pretty in all their shades of yellow and gold! Bright and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am usually like that too, either all batiks or all regular fabrics. I have made a few quilts with mixed fabrics and I like them too so it isn't really a problem. I love yellow and your blocks are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny how batiks get segregated from all the other quilting fabrics? Both sets of blocks look great! Happy pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed that your yellow hollow nine patches have very few duplicate yellows. I mix batiks with rgular prints all the time. If it's the color I need, I'm going to use it.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such bright and cheery blocks! I am impressed with the variety of yellow batiks you had in your stash! --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the yellow shadin gin the nine patches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you haven't had much time for sewing. You've done well at making some progress with your scrappy projects. Very fun blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your yellows are beautiful. They just sparkle together. Wishing you lots of sewing time this week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your YELLOW blocks for Angela's Hens & Chicks look luminous, Julie. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your yellow blocks! I used to do batik and regular cotton fabrics separately, but now it all goes together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...