Saturday, May 18, 2024

Pretty Pink Patches

My main project for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week was to finish up the Hollow 9-Patch blocks in pink, our color for May. I ended up with a total of nine blocks that will finish at 6" square, and I was able to use up quite a few 2.5" squares to make them.



I've also started making my Terry blocks in pink, inspired by Terry Rowland's colorwash quilts, featured in her series of three YouTube videosThese scrappy little blocks will finish at 3", and I have 20-30 more pink blocks in the works.


Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Sometime I want to make some of those Terry Rowland blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty pinks! Hope you got lots of scrappy stitching time in yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrappy pinks have a look-a-second-time intensity. BTW, are you familiar with the Duckworth scrap quilts that have the FB Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts enthralled?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...