Sunday, May 12, 2024

Stash Report and Stitching Time 5/12/2024

First of all, Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! I am thankful for so many things that my mother taught me, and sewing was a big one. It led to my 40+ year career making theater costumes, plus I am consumed/obsessed by quilting, the most creatively satisfying hobby ever. (at least, it is for me!)  Thanks, Mom!

The last week felt much more productive than the previous few weeks in the sewing room. I've been able to catch up on a couple of different Block of the Month projects, which are always a relief to complete. I shared my Chatsworth blocks and two sets of Sewcialites 2 blocks a few days ago (see that post HERE.) Yesterday I was able to stitch one more set of Sewcialites 2 blocks. These will finish at 6".


All of the BOM blocks, plus a set of pink Rail Fence Spinner blocks, added up to a total of 2.375 yards of fabric used. No new fabric was added to the stash last week.

2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                   2.375 yards
Used year to date:             33.625 yards
Added last week:                     0.0 yards
Added year to date:             27.50 yards
Net used in 2024:            6.125 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've been splitting my quilting time between all of those BOM blocks and starting the quilting on one my entries for an upcoming quilt show.

15 Minute Challenge for 2024: 
5/5 - 5/11               7 of 7 days
2024 Total        129 of 132 days
Success rate              97.7 %   

Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Your Christmas blocks are really festive. Great metrics this week. Hopefully you have more fun in the sewing room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas in May! The sampler is shaping up nicely. I'm grateful to my mother for showing me the joy and satisfaction in stitchery and sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely bocks. And so precise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Impressed by those small blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...