Sunday, November 19, 2023

Stash Report and Stitching Time 11/19/2023

For the first time in several weeks, I have additions to the fabric stash to report. Unfortunately, there is no usage to be counted to balance out the additions for the week. Most of my stitching time was spent joining blocks together, and the fabric used to make those blocks had already been counted.

I have been working on a new Christmas project, but haven't gotten to the point of having anything ready to count, and there's not much ready to show either. Here are the first few blocks.


The additions to the stash were mostly Christmas fabrics from JoAnn's. The Santa fabric at the top will become a pair of pajama pants for my Santa collector husband. I hope to get those made very soon, so the fabric shouldn't stay in the stash long. The jewel-toned fabric at the bottom of the photo was on the clearance shelf, and I couldn't resist the colors.


My other addition for the week came after I won the monthly raffle at our guild meeting. My prize included a jelly roll of the line "Sunflowers in My Heart" by Kate Spain. My jelly roll is still wrapped in plastic, so I've lifted a photo from the Fat Quarter Shop to let you see the beautiful prints in this collection.


2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                        0.0 yards
Used year to date:                 117.0 yards
Added last week:                   10.25 yards
Added year to date:            102.625 yards
Net used in 2023:             14.375 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Once again, I've been quilting every day. I'm still hoping to finish assembling the Rail Fence blocks that I shared in last Sunday's post into a finished quilt top very soon, then I can get to work on using up some of those new Christmas fabrics.

15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
11/12 - 11/18            7 of 7 days
2023 Total          310 of 322 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA


2 comments:

  1. You got some fun acquisitions! Love that Santa fabric, those will be some cute pjs. You are still in the black, so all good on that front. Happy stitching this week. Hope you have a very nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas projects-in-the-works look very interesting. How does the monthly raffle work? Great prize!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...