Saturday, November 11, 2023

Building Fences

November at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge means it is time to start assembling those piles of blocks into quilt tops. This week I pulled out the many little (3" finished size) Rail Fence blocks that I started making early in 2022. Before I could start joining them together, I needed to plan my layout, which I did with the help of EQ7.


I've started by joining the blocks together into groups of 4. The tricky part was figuring out which colors needed to go together into each group. Here's one of my first 4-block segments.


I joined groups of all of the color combinations, then tried them out on the design wall. This would be half of the total blocks in the quilt, so I still have plenty more blocks to stitch together. Actually, I've figured out that I need to make a few more blocks in some of the colors. Time to pull out those scraps again!


Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the 
Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, 
and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

10 comments:

  1. So fun and colorful! Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colorful Rail Fence blocks are going to make an awesome quilt, Julie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing color and movement! Love it! I am so stealing this idea for next year's RSC! (if it's okay, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be a pretty layout for your rail fence blocks! Looks like they're going together well, too. Enjoy your sewing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty colors and a good idea to make bigger blocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, so nice and colourful, and best of all, easy peasy blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good already. This will be a colorful, beautiful and joyful finish. Folks will be battling to claim this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wise of you to put the blocks together in a four patch. Who knew a simple RSC rail fence block could end up to be such a stunning layout. . . WOW! What a terrific finish this is going to be!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is looking great! Can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...