Saturday, July 31, 2021

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 31, 2021

The last day of July is the perfect time to update the progress on my many quilts for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I added yet another project to the line up, bringing my total for the RSC to seven! Yikes! I'm not sure I will be able to keep up with that many sets of blocks every month, but I'm going to try.

The newest project is my hand appliqued hearts, which were started so that I would have a hand stitching project to take along on a recent trip. Here are my first few blocks.


The hearts are cut from 3.5" squares, and the backgrounds are 5" squares. They will eventually get trimmed down to 4.5" when I am ready to join them together.

Most of the other RSC projects were completed earlier in the month. I had to double check my list to make sure I didn't forget anything. Our color for the month of July was dark blue, with brown or black as alternate choices.

36 Bowtie blocks, 4" finished size

30 Kaleidoscope blocks, 6" finished size
Half of these were made in April when our color was light blue, the rest were made in July.

Sew Colorful Stars blocks, 16" finished size

Glorified 9-Patch blocks, 6" finished size


Homespun blocks, 16" finished size for the blue block
black and brown 1/2 blocks finish at 8" x 16"

The four Scrap Magnet blocks were all made in April for light blue.
These blocks finish at 16.5", and the pattern is from Bonjour Quilts.

That's a whole lot of blue scraps, plus some black and brown, that got used up this month. I'm looking forward to moving on to turquoise and teal for August, my favorite colors for quilting!

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Julie in GA

7 comments:

  1. You have such great block projects for the RSC! I like them all. The little hearts are going to make a sweet quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your blocks! But I think I’m most intrigued by the scrap magnets! It’s a really interesting block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing all your lovely RSC blocks each week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your blocks are so pretty. I really like the Sew Colorful Stars. Will have to get the pattern from FQS. I agree the little hearts are very cute. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blues and all blocks looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your blocks this year are amazing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of blocks to keep up with for RSC but, if anyone can, it's YOU! Beautiful assortment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...