Saturday, July 24, 2021

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 30, 2021

Since the beginning of the year, my leader/ender project in between other projects has been making bowtie blocks in the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. (If you aren't familiar with the concept of leaders and enders, check out this post by Bonnie Hunter.) 

My goal has been to make at least one block per day for the whole year. I have actually been managing to produce 36 each month. The other day I had a chunk of time available for stitching and wanted to work on something simple that was already prepped. Fortunately, I had my bowtie parts all cut out and waiting beside my machine.


I finished stitching up the remaining medium and dark blue bowties for July. These blocks will finish at 4" square. I'm not sure what I will use as a leader/ender for the rest of the month, but there must be something hiding in my collection of projects.

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday.

Julie in GA

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks! And I guess I never realized what size they are. Four inch finished makes them extra cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With 36 bowtie blocks in each monthly color, you'll have a wonderful collection for a quilt later this year! They are pretty in the dark blues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bow tie blocks always look so fun up on the wall! You are going to have a great collection of blocks at the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling bitty bows! I can’t wait to see how you lay all these out in the final quilt(s).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bow tie blocks! I enjoyed peeking at all of those different blue fabrics. I've got a few of them in my stash at the moment. Now I just need to find the time for more sewing. Happy sewing! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks and I am humbled that you make a block a day! Wow!!! I've not made bow tie blocks; but, I do like them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love having a pile of prepped parts next to my machine. Your bowtie blocks are looking great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to prep more leader and ender blocks. Your bow ties are wonderful. Hum, I wonder -- maybe I'll do that block for next year's RSC. Or?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...