Monday, December 12, 2016

Design Wall Monday 12/12/16

Ever since late October, I've been trying to decide if I wanted to participate in Bonnie Hunter's En Provence mystery. I really enjoyed following along on her Allietare mystery last year and Easy Street a few years ago. For some reason, I haven't been able to come up with a group of colors that I like together, and that has kept from joining in.

There is another quilt mystery that I have been doing, and that is Cheryl's Meadow Mystery. One advantage with this mystery is that the new steps are posted every month, not every week--much easier to keep up! For December, we joined together units from previous months into blocks. The arrangement on the wall is my guess, not necessarily how the blocks will end up.


Cheryl's pattern makes a 60" x 60" quilt. I'm hoping to add 6-10" or so on the top and bottom to make it rectangular. That will make it a good size for a Quilt of Valor.

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check out all of them for tons of amazing quilting inspiration!

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Wow! The block you have there is beautiful. It will be fun to see what the final block looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great. I'm still working on November's clue, so your doing really well on keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your interpretation of the how the block might go together. Excellent. I'm not doing En Provence either -- I still haven't finished my Easy Street quilt. Although it will probably move up in my 'to do" list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...