After that I started hand stitching my star fabrics to the foundations. For me, it was easiest and most secure to sew with a backstitch. I started out doing a small running stitch, but I couldn't get a consistent stitch length. Here are the segments for one block.
Here are the same segments from the right side. After they were all stitched to the foundations, I pressed them lightly, then trimmed the long edges where they will get joined together. Once I get the seams stitched, I will trim around the outside edges of the block to square it up.
As usual, I will be linking up to Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday. Check out all the great inspiration there.