Saturday, December 28, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2013 + Ideas for 2014

Soscrppy

It's time to be figuring out my plans for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014. I have had such a great time participating in the challenge through 2013 and look forward to another year of scrappiness. Angela is the leader of the challenge, and she has even set up a Pinterest page with plenty of rainbow quilt inspiration.

My main RSC project for 2013 has been making Dancing Stars blocks. I had hoped to get them all joined together before the end of the year, but it doesn't seem like that will happen. I've got my blocks up on the wall and have started joining them together, but decided to hold off until I have a better plan for quilting them. I might try quilting in sections, then join the sections together. I need to do some samples before I continue putting blocks together.



My other RSC project from 2013 was my Hexie Stars and Snowflakes. This project was started in August to give me some hand stitching to do on my morning train commutes. I have completed 4 months and will continue making these in 2014.



I have been looking at lots of ideas for next year's project, but am having a hard time making up my mind. One possibility is to make more of these stars, which have been sitting around for more years than I care to remember. They were made after I got the book LeMoyne Stars Made Easy by Sharyn Squier Craig. They look like the perfect rainbow project!



Another option is to combine the Rainbow Scrap Challenge with a new Scrappy Challenge by Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times. Judy is going to assign a block each month with the idea that participants make whatever number of blocks they wish in that month. More details are available here

Check out the Rainbow Scrap Challenge posts every Saturday to see how others are using up their scraps. So many beautiful projects! 


Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. I must admit to loving any star pattern. The LeMoyne has always been a favorite. Combining with Judy's pattern would be fun too. Love the way your dancing stars look all together. What a fun quilt it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dancing Stars is going to be fabulous. You have some fun ideas for 2014. Looking forward to seeing those projects progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dancing is turning out awesome. I am looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dancing Stars is an interesting pattern, and I like your version of it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...