Saturday, December 9, 2023

Scrappy Placemats

My rainbow projects have been on hold recently while other things have become the priority. However, I might have started my first new Rainbow Scrap Challenge project for 2024.

Our quilt guild put out an appeal for more placemats to meet the yearly goal for Meals on Wheels. I pulled out my drawer of 3" squares and pieced a couple of simple mats. They got finished yesterday. Each one measures 12" x 17".


There are still plenty more 3" squares and strips in that drawer, and I would love to use them up by making more of these placemats next year. 

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the 
Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, 
and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Very colorful and fun. Someone will really enjoy having such a pretty background for their meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty! I love how you have the lighter colors in the center and darker surrounding them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely placemats, Julie, and a great use for some of your fabric scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful cause! I was thinking of doing Meals on Wheels placemats in RSC2024, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a colorful way to use 3" squares! Each placemat is a color wash. . unique and eye catching!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...