Friday, September 1, 2023

Summer Camp Mystery Quilt Reveal

My very favorite quilting project of the entire summer has been the  Summer Camp Mystery by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr. of Modern Quilt Studio. Today is the official end of the mystery and reveal/link-up of participant's quilts. I can't wait to see them all! Here is my finished quilt top which I am calling "Sedona."


The mystery started on June 1st with the first group of block patterns, and continued with clues until July 14th. Each week we got to choose which blocks we wanted to make, averaging about 20 blocks in 4-5 different block designs per
 week. The blocks are small, only 5" finished size, and cutting all the pieces probably took longer than stitching the blocks. It was a challenge to keep up each week, but I loved every minute of it! Here are some of my blocks up close.





My color palette was inspired by the U.S. desert southwest, especially the red rocks around Sedona. The pattern for the mystery included three choices of quilt size to make, and at the end, we discovered that there were three different layouts to choose from too. My quilt top features the "Campfire" layout in the napping (medium) size, approximately 55" x 78". I haven't figured out a plan yet for how I want to quilt it, but it will be very simple quilting to let all the block piecing be the focus.

Indoor photo

If you are interested in seeing other versions of the Summer Camp Mystery Quilt, you can check them out at the Facebook page for Modern Quilt Studio. They had over 1000 participants in this mystery, and you will be blown away by the variety of quilts people have made. I can't wait to see what Weeks and Bill come up with for their next mystery!

Linking up with:
Modern Quilt Studio Facebook page
Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You definitely nailed the color palette and picked a wonderful setting to show off those blocks. Congrats on a very beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scrolled through other finished quilts at Modern Quilt Studio, and I like your colors the best by far. What a beautiful quilt you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - what fun to visit the MQG FaceBook page and check out the varieties of layout and palette. What a fabulous challenge. Thanks for sharing your piece and its origin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Sedona, and that is a great name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love your finished top with your camping modern blocks! What a fun mystery that was!--TerryK@)nGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing quilt! Great colors, it really says Southwest. Must have been a fun mystery!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...