Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Dresden Ties Pillows

I have a project to share that has been finished for a few months, but didn't get delivered until just recently. This set of Dresden pillows were all made from my father's ties. 


I had previously made similar pillows for my mother and sister. These three were for my other sister, my brother, and myself. Now all of us have one of these wonderful memory pillows (even though very few of us actually remember Dad wearing most of the ties!)


Each of the three pillows is made from the same group of ties. I was lucky to be able to get enough pieces out of each tie for five pillows. The background fabric has a very faint plaid design.


For the backs, I used a piece of Essex cotton/linen blend. Next time I might try adding piping around the outside edge to better hold the shape of the pillow.



Linking up with:
Wednesday Wait Loss at Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Brag About Your Beauties at From Bolt to Beauty
Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More
Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

9 comments:

  1. They all turned out beautifully! What a great memory keeper project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful, Julie! The ties worked perfectly for the Dresden shape. I bet everyone in your family will enjoy having a pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely pillows. What a wonderful way to remember your father. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/06/wednesday-wait-loss-344

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a great use of those lovely ties and wonderful memories! I don’t see guys wearing ties much anymore! Not even at weddings around here. My dad had some great ones worn with long sleeved white shirts. But he was gone and so were his ties long before I was a quilter! “Sad face”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful family momento for each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool!! what a great way to have a little piece of your dad with you!!! and you can hug it!! LOVE this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What special gifts. <3 Please feel free to share in the Sew & Tell Party at Melva Loves Scraps.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...