Sunday, September 24, 2023

Stash Report and Stitching Time 9/24/2023

I missed posting my stash report last week thanks to our recent trip to New England. It's the first time I missed reporting in several months, ever since a trip in the spring to Paducah and Wisconsin. I'm sensing a pattern here! We had a fantastic time traveling to Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont, all of them states we had never visited before. We even got to see some beautiful quilts at the Shelburne Museum in Vermont, including this one that is dated 1830-1840.


The trip included a visit to only one small quilt shop, and I didn't buy anything there. After our return, one of my main quilting activities was preparing for the quilt guild's annual auction. Guild members donate quilting/sewing related items which are laid out on long tables with brown paper bags taped to the tables next to each item. We buy tickets and place them in the bags for the items we wish to win. Here are some of the items I donated.

Charm pack--.75 yards

Kit for unknown project--3.75 yards

Poinsettia prints--6 yards

Jinny Beyer border stripes--6.25 yards

The total yardage of the fabrics I donated to the auction came to 16.75 yards. I also contributed some books and a kit for a Christmas hanging. I thought I was making a good dent in my stash, but unfortunately ended up bringing home even more fabric than I contributed.

Christmas fabrics--3.5 yards

"Harvest Home by Nancy Davis Murty--5.5 yards

These wreath blocks are also from the Harvest Home line--1.25 yards

Floral and border stripes--7.5 yards

3 matching charm packs--2.25 yards

All combined, my totals came to 16.75 yards out of the stash and 20 yards added. I've already cut into one of those floral border stripes to make tablerunners for the guild Christmas market, so I hope to see plenty more usage in the coming weeks.

2023 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                       16.75 yards
Used year to date:                    97.50 yards
Added last week:                      20.00 yards
Added year to date:                86.875 yards
Net used in 2023:               10.625 yards

Fabric wasn't the only thing that came home with me from the auction. I also won some new rulers and a thread stand, plus a few books and patterns. I'm especially pleased to have the foundation papers for pineapple blocks, and I look forward to trying out the new rulers.





Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I was surprised to discover that I missed only 2 days of stitching time during our 10-day trip, but I know that most of those days didn't have much more than 15 minutes. I had my old standby Applique Hearts blocks along, and managed to finish only four of them.


15 Minute Challenge for 2023: 
9/10 - 9/23           12 of 14 days
2023 Total          254 of 266 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA


3 comments:

  1. Our guild calls it Rafflemania and it is such fun! Great bargains and the guild benefits. So glad to know you enjoyed your trip to New England. Were you in time to see the Jane Stickle quilt at the Bennington Museum? (When we were there in 2021 we had missed it by two weeks.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great get away. I think you did a stash refresh, got out the old unloved and added some new that you'll be more excited to use. You always do so well at finding time to stitch. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great haul! I'm always amazed when people donate neutrals since everyone uses them. I have a wedge ruler and have never used it. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...