Monday, June 13, 2022

Design Wall Monday 6/13/2022

Most of the quilts that I make these days are very scrappy with many different fabrics in them. This week I've been enjoying working on these blocks that use a very limited selection of fabrics. I started by making a few more blocks yesterday, bringing my total up to the 36 blocks shown below.


Those all looked so good together that I kept going and made another dozen blocks, bringing my total up to 48. I think there are enough pieces cut for 16 more blocks still to be made.


The finished size for each block is 6.25". If I make 16 more and end up with 64 total blocks, I could join them 8 x 8 and end up with a quilt that measures 50" x 50" without borders. If I decide to go rectangular, I could use 63 blocks and set them 7 x 9, which would measure 43.75" x 56.25". My inclination is rectangular, but I haven't decided for sure yet. I also have enough of the bright print left that could be added as a border.

Check out what other quilters are working on this week at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt. Are they just half square triangles? I imagine if they are the focus fabric is creating the look of lots of different blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are really striking. The original fabric didn't look that great, but it's amazing in kaleidoscopes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...