Monday, June 6, 2022

A New/Old Project

A recent search through a box of triangle pieces in many different sizes turned up a bag of pieces that I don't have any memory of cutting, but I do remember the main fabric. It is an old Hoffman International print, probably from the late 1990's.


There was a stack of triangles cut from that fabric in matching sets of four, plus other triangles in greens and blues. A few had been stitched, but I put the rest together over the weekend, just to see how they look as a group.


These are all the blocks I could make from the pieces that were already cut. I love the bright, cheery colors and think they would make a great baby quilt. I will have to pull out some other blue and green fabrics to make more blocks because the light blue seems to be the only one that still exists on my shelves. It's time to go digging in my fabric stash, one of my favorite activities!

Check out what other quilters are working on this week at Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt.

Happy quilting!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Love how the fabric does the work, making the block look complex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is going to be so striking! The fabric is wonderful. Isn't it fun when you find something like this that was begun, and now you have the time and inspiration to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sort of a one-block wonder. That's a terrific, colorful print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh that is cool - its an optical illusion quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I LOOOVE that bright fabric! I’ve been working with large triangles, too, from QFK, but the don’t speak to me like yours! Like you, I had 64 blocks, but instead of sewing them into an 8x8 setting, I sewed mine 7x9 and have one for the backing along with other scraps and yardage. Anyway, it’s good to know that, once again, we are working on similar projects! Hope all is well at your place! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...