Friday, February 5, 2021

Round Robin Border #3

Our assignment this week for the  Stay at Home Round Robin comes from Anja at Anja Quilts. Her choice for the next border is Flying Geese. After playing with many variations in EQ, I decided it was time to get some more pink and burgundy into my design. I added a filler border of the background fabric to get the center up to the right size for my geese.


The top and bottom borders are stitched to the center, but the sides are not until I figure out what to put in the corners. That may depend on the next border choice. Once this Flying Geese border is all attached, my quilt will measure 28" square.

If you are interested in joining in on the Stay at Home Round Robin, take a look at Gail's intro post HERE. She was the one who got this whole thing started! Check out everyone's progress for this week at Anja Quilts.

I'm also linking up to Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

10 comments:

  1. Your round robin is looking very gorgeous so far. You never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Kudos for realizing you need to wait to put something in the corners. This has been a very interesting event. I've enjoyed dropping in to several blogs to see how folks are interpreting the weekly addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! The Pink and burgandy really set off the center!! great color choice and way to add flying geese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to use my geese side by side also! I like your color choices. They really bring out those colors in the center star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pink flying geese really pull out the center colors, so a great design choice. Looking forward to seeing what the next step is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing a great job on this project! Each border really makes the quilt pop! Good for you I chickened out! LOL. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had originally planned to make my flying geese the same way you did. Looks great so far. Thanks for sewing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the addition of the pink and red!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...