Sunday, January 24, 2016

Stash Report Sunday 1/24/16

The Stash Report Sunday posts at Patchwork Times were one of the reasons that I started blogging. I was so intrigued with tracking how much fabric goes in and out of my stash, and it's almost like a game trying to keep those numbers in balance. It has really helped me stop and think before I go crazy buying tons of fabric (although there are still times when I can't resist a good sale!)

Some people don't count fabric as used until the quilt is totally done and some when the top is complete. I generally count fabric as used when it is made into a block, mostly just to see a little constant change in the numbers instead of waiting until the end of a project. With Bonnie Hunter's mystery Allietare, we were making parts of blocks like 4-patches and HSTs, so I didn't report any of my usage on that quilt yet. Now that the center of the quilt top is all together, I can subtract the 6.5 yards used in the quilt. All that's left to do on that is borders! I'll be sharing photos tomorrow on my design wall post. 

I also used 3/8 yard making more 9-patches for the Ring Cycles quilt. There was no fabric added this week. My total for the year is no longer red!


STASH TOTALS: 
Used this week:             6.875 yards     
Used year to date:             9.0 yards

Stashed this week:            0.0 yards
Stashed year to date:        7.5 yards 

Net year to date:        1.5 yards used

I am joining Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking the number of days each week that I spend at least 15 minutes quilting. The more days  I quilt, the more quilts I can get done and the more fabric used. It turns out that over the past week I worked on five different quilt projects. Two of those are nearing completion!

15 MINUTE CHALLENGE:  
January 17 - 23           7 for 7 days
January total            23 for 23 days

350 Block Challenge at Prairie Moon Quilts:
This week's block total:    38

Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.  

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. congrats on how far you've gotten on Allietare! It's now officially a UFO for me. But that's usually how it goes with Bonnie's mystery quilts for me. I'm still working on Celtic Solstice but I'm going to try to get that one done this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can really accomplish a lot of sewing in just 15 minutes a day. I agree that keeping a record of my fabric use keeps me from buying unnecessary fabric. I am impressed with anyone who tackles one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts. Congrats on having the center finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to get borders on my Allietare quilt this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress on multiple fronts. I'm looking forward to seeing your Allietare all together. Your back into stash reduction mode and have done really well finding that sewing time. Hope you can keep it all up now that you are back at work. Working definitely complicates things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve a pat on the back for sticking to Allietare. Can't wait to see your finished top. I passed on this years' mystery since I just finished Easy Street from 2012 and still have not finished Celtic Solstice yet. I too joined Judy's Stash report to motivate me on using more of what I have and not buying new. It has worked very well in 2015 and hope to continue this year. Too many UFOs still live at my house and I sew at least 2-4 hours most days of the week. Congrats on being in the black.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...