Monday, August 4, 2014

Design Wall Monday 8/4/14

I have been digging through my scrap drawers and leftover blocks looking for anything that features light/bright greens, the August color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I found a small pile of green nine-patch blocks from a quilt my sister and I made together a couple years ago for our mother. Some were extra blocks from the quilt, and others were rejects with fabrics that didn't make it into the quilt. No idea what I might make with them, but it was fun to pull them out again.



The two blocks at the bottom are 12" Crossroads blocks made with my green scraps. You can find tutorials for this pattern here or here.

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times where you can see all sorts of amazing quilting inspiration! 


Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. Your green blocks look great! It's fun to find hidden treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks you've got a good start on a new quilt. I really like the layout you used for the 9 patch blocks, the color gradation is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...