Sunday, February 26, 2012

Stash Report Sunday

Another week with not much sewing, but plenty of fabric has been turned into strips.  I have been slicing up many of my blue fabrics to go into the bins for scrap quilts.  I love the look of scrap quilts, but haven't made many because in the past it took so long to cut fabrics.  Right now I am concentrating on red and blue.  This gives me a great variety of sizes all ready to be used.



I did manage to put together my second string star.  The hardest part was matching up the seams near the center.



Here are my numbers:

Used this week:  1/4 yards
Used year to date:  2-7/8 yards
Added this week:  0 yards
Added year to date:  2 yards
Net year to date:  7/8 yards used

Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Good job on your strips! You'll be surprised how easy it is to make scrap quilts when you have strips cut like that. Doing my most recent UFO, I grabbed the project box, my 2" strip bin and headed off to retreat... by the end of the retreat my quilt top was almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those blue strips! and your blocks! It does take some time to get ready to make scrappy quilts, doesn't it? I would love to dive and start one but I know I'll have much more variety if I wait til I can get some more cutting done.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...