Here is my old cover. It was starting to develop holes in that scorched brown area.
The fabric I used is an old drapery print that I've had for many years. I think it came from a yard sale or a thrift store. I used the old board cover as my pattern, cutting the new fabric about 1" larger all around. I finished off the raw edges on the serger. Then I folded under 1/2" all the way around, wrapping it around a narrow cord and stitching about 1/4" from the folded edge. I cut a small hole at the larger end to pull the cord through so I could tighten it up and tie it off. Here is my crisp and clean new cover.
I had hoped to enter Jo's Ironing Board Challenge,
Julie in GA