Sunday, January 13, 2013

Stash Report Sunday 1/13/13



Yesterday was the first meeting for the 2013 Scrappy Sampler Block of the Month at one of my favorite quilt shops, Intown Quilters in Decatur, GA.  The pattern comes from another shop that I adore, Quilt Country in Lewisville, TX.  Here are links to the original pattern and to info for the BOM at Intown.  

Taffy is the leader for our group at Intown, and she makes each meeting very fun and informative.  I am excited to get going on my first attempt at a block of the month.  I hope I can keep up.  Many people in the group are getting the  patterns as a kit with fabrics like Taffy's sample, but I am going to use my own fabrics in an attempt to use up more of my stash.  My plan is to go with fall colors--rusts, golds, browns, greens, and beige backgrounds.  Here are the first few fabrics I have pulled out as possibilities.  They look a little Christmasy in this photo, but I will be adding more gold and brown.



For Christmas one of the gifts from my sweet husband was a gift certificate for Intown.  I took it along there yesterday and bought a beautiful Santa panel that he had seen when he was shopping there, plus some fabric to back it with.  Both were in the 50% off clearance area.  The store had all books and patterns on sale this weekend, so I also got one of Bonnie Hunter's books.




My fabric usage for the week was for Easy Street (see post here.)  I have the center of the quilt together, and I figured out my yardage for the portion that is done.  I ended up with many extra units of 4-patches, flying geese and such, some of which may end up in the border.  I will calculate that yardage whenever I manage to finish off the top.  


Used this week:   4 yards   
Used year to date:  4 yards    


Added this week:   2.5 yards
Added year to date: 2.5 yards

Year to date:  1.5 yards used 


Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.


Julie

6 comments:

  1. You're in positive numbers so that's always good. Your strip sets look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your blocks for the scrappy sampler quilt. I love the pattern and your fabric choices. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want your stash! I love those colors/fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors are great...they are my favorite. I've been to Intown and they have some wonderful fabric. My LQS is A Scarlet Thread in McDonough. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Scarlet Thread is a great store too. We are lucky to have so many wonderful shops in the Atlanta area.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...