Thursday, January 31, 2013

Getting It Done--January report, February goals

I am finding that Judy's Getting It Done challenge is helping keep me more focused on reaching the goals I had set for myself at the beginning of the month.  It must be something about writing it all down and sharing that list of goals in public.  It's easy to think "Oh, I should finish up this or that project this month," then get distracted by so many other things, whether they are new projects or everyday life.

Here is the list that I posted for January 2013 with notes on how I did with these goals.  I completed two of my goals and made good progress on the other two. 

1.  Assemble Easy Street quilt top--I got the center of the quilt together in early January but need to figure out what to do for the border.





2.  Finish binding Hidden Nine-patch quilt--binding is machine stitched to quilt; need to trim edges, then finish by hand.  I have been working on this but am not finished yet.

3.  Make at least two more blocks for red, white & blue Scrap Club Sampler.  DONE--two star blocks finished, 4 pineapple blocks started.





4.  Make blocks for new Scrappy Sampler BOM.   DONE! 




Other projects I worked on in January:
1.  Dancing Stars Quilt-Along--made 10 blocks


2.  Shirt for husband (Christmas gift)--added pocket that had been forgotten.


3.  Vest project--patterned and constructed a vest for a theater production.



FEBRUARY GOALS:
1.  Dancing Stars--make 8-10 blocks in this month's color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.
2.  Scrappy Sampler BOM--make this month's set of blocks.
3.  Red, white & blue Scrap Club Sampler--finish 4 pineapple blocks.
4.  Hidden Nine-patch quilt--finish binding and add hanging sleeve.
5.  Storm at Sea--hanging sleeve.
6.  Alter shirt I bought at Christmas.



Go to Patchwork Times to see how everyone else did on their January goals.


Julie

8 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE your Easy Street Colors. :-) Have you decided how you are going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even thought about how to quilt it. I need to figure out the borders first. I was happy with how the colors turned out too.

      Delete
  2. OOOhhhh, love your Easy Street! My favorite color scheme. I'm glad to see that you did some garment sewing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your easy street colors. The vest brings back memories of making costumes for my kids when they were in school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dancing star blocks are so fun - love that you are using many different shades of the same color. You did a great job on your January goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Scrappy Sampler BOM. The colors are wonderful. And that dancing star block one is really pretty too. Have fun doing your Feb goals - I think you did really well with your Jan ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, you have been busy - very impressive finishes. You got a lot done! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to see clothing is still being sewn! Great job on both pieces. And you had a lot of fun colors in your quilting projects. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...