Tuesday, January 15, 2013

15 Minute Challenge

For several months I have been following Kate's posts about the 15 Minute Challenge 2013 at her blog, Life in Pieces.  I love the idea that we can accomplish a great deal if we just dedicate 15 minutes a day to our creative projects.

I have tried getting up early to allow some time to quilt in the morning before I get ready for work, but too often I would get on the computer while my coffee took effect, and suddenly that extra time was gone!  Lately I have been heading to my sewing room for a little while after dinner most nights.  That has been working out better for me.  

Here is my list since the beginning of the year:
1/1, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7--Easy Street mystery
1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/8, 1/9, 1/10--vest project
1/10, 1/14--Dancing Stars make 2 blocks
1/12, 1/13--Scrappy Sampler blocks

The only day I didn't do any sewing was Jan. 11.  Not a bad way to start the year!

Check out how others are doing at finding their 15 minutes here.

Julie

2 comments:

  1. way to go! a fantastic start to the sewing year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome start to the year! The computer's gravitational pull can keep one from getting much of anything else done. I have to be really firm with my computer time or I don't get to sew.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...