Thursday, October 14, 2021

Wiggle Time Quilt Top & Back

It doesn't happen to me very often, but every once in a while, a new fabric provides the immediate inspiration for a quilt. That was the case this time around. It started with this fabric that I got at Hancock's of Paducah in late July. It is from the "Wildflowers" line by Debbie Beaves for Robert Kaufman fabrics.


I have been wanting to make the pattern "Wiggle Time" by Cynthia Brunz for quite a while, and this was the perfect background fabric for it. Here is the photo from Cynthia's pattern page. 

The first step was choosing fabrics from my stash for the squares that step up and down across the quilt. Because a couple of my fabrics were already cut strips, I needed to reduce the scale of those squares, which made it possible to include more fabrics. 


The pattern is very well written and went together quickly. In a very short time, I had this wonderful finished quilt top.

Wiggle Time quilt top, 45" x 57"

I found this adorable flannel fabric that includes all the colors of the quilt top to use for the backing. 


The flannel piece wasn't quite big enough, so I added a couple strips of orange polka dot flannel to extend it.


I had a great time making this little quilt and look forward to using the Wiggle Time pattern again soon. If you aren't familiar with Cynthia's patterns and quilts, check out her blog Quilting is more fun than Housework (one of the best blog names ever!)


Linking up with:
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Let's Make Baby Quilts at Michelle's Romantic Tangle


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA 

11 comments:

  1. Really nice "Wiggle Time" finish--I love the flannel backing..so cute..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great version of Wiggle Time! It is one of my favorites! And your adaptation shows what a great pattern it is! The backing flannel is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to make Wiggle Time and yours has convince me now is the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie your Wiggle Time is a beauty. How neat that it is the lights to Cynthia's darks. Let's us see this quilt pattern in a whole new light. Happy Stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so right!! this was a perfect fabric for that quilt!!! and your backing is just as adorable!!! Go yoU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this quilt. Back is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh definitely a cut quilt front and back. It looks like it was a great way to use up some smaller pieces of fabric and/or scraps. Yep, that bak is perfect and the orange addition works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out amazing! I can see why that background fabric inspired you - it was perfect. I always find this pattern perfect for those fat quarters yo have in your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out so dang cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet quilt! I think I need this pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...