Monday, June 15, 2020

Progress on Frolic

The last time I shared photos of the progress on Frolic, Bonnie Hunter's 2019 mystery quilt, was late April. At that time I had decided to make more blocks and change my quilt from square to rectangular. Here are some new blocks as they were being assembled.



It took until mid-May to get all the additional blocks and sashing units made. Then everything hung around on my design wall for ages. Over the last week, I have been pushing to get all those parts joined together, and yesterday it finally happened. Here is the completed center for my Frolic quilt!



The next step will be deciding what to do for borders. Bonnie's version had two rows of HSTs, but I might go with something simpler. According to my quilt software, it should currently measure about 55" x 73.5". I'm debating how big I want it to end up. This is where so many of my quilt projects get bogged down!


Linking up with:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
BOMs Away at What a Hoot Quilts
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabrication
Needle & Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

14 comments:

  1. This is lovely--boy her quilts have lotsa parts...but they are beautiful Hugs from afar, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic! I know how much sewing you did to get it to this point!
    I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I've pretty much given up on the annual mystery quilt because I just don't need more big quilts. I could go smaller but I really need to keep focusing on finishing what I have. I look forward to seeing what you decide to do with your borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your color scheme!! Kind of wish I had deviated too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty! Your colors are great and the quilt really pops - Controlled Scrappy is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colors. They go really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on completing your Central Frolic Expansion Project, Julie! Best of luck on deciding what to do for the borders. Whatever you do, it's going to be SEW lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your color scheme! I guess to find an answer to your question, image how it's going to be used? Maybe that will provide an answer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! That is just gorgeous!! I bet you are so happy to get it to this stage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great color scheme! I don’t have enough confidence to deviate from Bonnie’s color choices! So many pieces in these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's usually where my quilts stall too. Your rendition of Frolic is so lovely. Hope you find the borders you like soon and get'erdone. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your color palette for Frolic. Congrats on getting the center part finished. I struggled on the borders too, but fingers crossed my thoughts on that will work out. Hope you have a good plan worked out now too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Frolic is looking lovely. I am up to joining the sashings. Hopefully it won't be too long before it's a top. Thatnks for inspiring me to keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great progress on Frolic, love your colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...