Last week we switched over to making gowns for Grady Hospital. We are working on this project along with the Atlanta Opera and Atlanta Ballet costume shops. Those two groups are working out of their shops, but we have to work at home because the arts center is still closed. The gowns are being made from hospital sheets. For me that meant completely rearranging the dining room in order to set up two plastic folding tables to use as a cutting table. I also moved several things around in the sewing room so I could set up my serger and a zigzag machine. My already messy sewing space is now in complete disarray!
All of this has made it harder for me to get much quilting done. I've slowly been making more parts for my revision of the Frolic mystery. Yesterday I powered through the rest of my Square Dance blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The new blocks are the light blue/dark blue combo, and here they are with some of the turquoise/light blue blocks from last month.
I forgot to count those turquoise/light blue blocks last month. Today I am reporting 1.5 yards used for 60 Square Dance blocks in March and April. No new fabric added.
2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week: 1.5 yards
Used year to date: 91.5 yards
Added last week: 0.0 yards
Added year to date: 2.75 yardsNet used year to date 88.75 yards
Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Spending most of the day at the sewing machine making gowns has made it hard for me to go back to the machine after dinner to quilt. I missed a couple days this week, but my totals are still very good.
15 Minute Challenge:
4/19 - 4/25 5 of 7 days
2020 Total 110 of 116 days
Happy quilting and stay safe everyone!
Julie in GA