Sunday, April 19, 2020

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 16, 2020

There have been many times in recent years when I wondered how other quilters manage to use so much fabric each week or month. The current stretch of time spent at home is giving me a very good preview of what that is like. When you are at home all the time and spend a large portion of each day sewing, it's amazing how much fabric gets used up!

This week's Stash Report post is not going to include a photo of masks, although I did make over 100 of them last week, using 13.5 yards of fabric. My co-workers and I are now starting to make protective gowns, and the fabric for those is all being supplied to us. My stash usage numbers should get back to normal next week.

My quilting usage for the week was 1/4 yard for the Scrappy Bear Paw block shown in yesterday's post plus 6 yards for the Laundry Basket Quilts 2020 Mystery quilt top. I'm going to try sharing a close-up of part of the quilt again, because it doesn't seem to be showing up in my previous blog post about this quilt top.


Laundry Basket Quilts 2020 Mystery

2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                         19.75 yards
Used year to date:                       90.0 yards
Added last week:                           0.0 yards
Added year to date:                     2.75 yards
Net used year to date            87.25 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I did get some quilting time every day last week, but it's a struggle sometimes after a whole day of mask or gown making is over.

15 Minute Challenge:  
4/12 - 4/18                  7 of 7 days
2020 Total             105 of 109 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. Many thanks to Donna and to Kate for continuing to host these link-ups!

Happy quilting and stay safe everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You had an excellent week on the stash management front, good stitching time management too. Hope this week is as good. Congrats on all the mask making too. I've only made 20 and really hope to not have to make any more. Have a great week of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had not heard of any call out for gowns in my area and thank goodness for that as I would make a pass on that and leave that to those more in the know on making them. Excellent that you and others have made more than a hundred masks I made half that and couldn't stand them any longer and feel as we are being told to make them they will become available to buy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quilt. Great job. Yes, staying at home and actually quilting uses lots of fabric. Staying at home and not doing what you normally do doesn't use much fabric. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...