Sunday, April 5, 2020

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 14, 2020

There has been plenty of quilting happening here, in between daily mask-making for work. None of the quilt projects are at the point where I can count the yardage used, but I can report 1/2 yard used for the face masks I made for us to wear when we go out.



2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                             .50 yards
Used year to date:                      44.25 yards
Added last week:                            0.0 yards
Added year to date:                      2.75 yards
Net used year to date               41.5 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Quilting is definitely a great distraction and stress reliever in these uncertain times, and I've continued getting in at least 15 minutes every single day. It has been difficult to stay focused on my projects, but there is great comfort to be found in cutting and stitching fabric.

15 Minute Challenge:  
3/29 - 4/4                   7 of 7 days
2020 Total               92 of 95 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. Many thanks to Donna and to Kate for continuing to host these link-ups!

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Nice masks Julie! Glad you are finding comfort in your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get back to making face masks too, I was finally able to order more elastic and should get it soon but will need to make a couple with some fabric loops or ties instead to last until I get that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Masks take up so little face for so much time. LOL But, I'm thankful I can make them to keep family, friends, and healthcare providers safe. I am waiting on my elastic to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same yesterday on using my sewing time for face mask stitching. It's a nice way to use up some of those bigger prints that are hard to use in other projects. Congrats on all the stitching time. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your masks look so professional! I like them! Stay well and safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...