Monday, November 23, 2015

Design Wall Assortment

My design wall is covered in all sorts of different blocks today, showing the range of projects that I have been working on lately. The one thing they have in common is that they are all scrappy, as are most of my quilts lately. I just love playing with a wide variety of fabrics, the more the better!



At the top right are some of the bowties I have been making all year for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. At the bottom left are three groupings of circle applique blocks, my other RSC quilt for 2015. I have all the blocks for this quilt joined into groups like those shown and hope to finish assembling the top this week.

The hexagon star and snowflakes were one of my earlier RSC projects, begun in August, 2013. I have started joining the stars and snowflakes together, but it is a very slow process for me. I have a total of 10 large stars and 20 snowflakes to stitch together.

At the upper left are four Falling Leaves blocks. These were made for the Covered in Love block drive over at Kat and Cat Quilts. Kat is a nurse, and she has started a charity making quilts to give to the families of patients who have died at the hospital where she works. You can find the block pattern HERE and read more about Covered in Love HERE

Those sure are some big leaves, aren't they?! They make quite the contrast to my other blocks. The leaf blocks finish at 12", the bowties and the circle blocks all finish at 4".

Besides working on all these projects last week, I also made the back for a quilt. I am hoping to get the back for the circle quilt made in the next few days so I can take it to my long-arm quilter over the weekend.


I will be sharing with the following linky parties.:

Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times
Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Julie in GA

9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collage of scrappy goodness. Love each one more than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those leaves really do dwarf the other blocks!
    I don't think I realized how small your circles are - they have a big impact for such a small block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bowties, would like to do the same, how did you figure out how many of each color you were going to need with the on point setting? How big are your blocks? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bowtie blocks finish at 4". I haven't decided how I am going to use them yet.

      Delete
  4. Wow, Julie -- all of your projects are going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun stuff up on your design wall. I'm really looking forward to your reveal of the circle quilt. Hope you get some time to stitch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of gorgeous scrappiness going on here / I am a big fan of those circle blocks ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I think you have a circle thing going on here. I was going to say they are all so different until I really looked! (well, leaves aren't circles but they are leaving the house, right? Yea for all the scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all look great. I agree scraps are the best - looking forward to making some more scrap quilts soon. The circles really do stand out and I always love leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...