Sunday, October 25, 2015

Stash Report Sunday 10/25/15

Before I sat down to write my stash report, I was happily thinking that I could count some fabric as used but had no additions for the week. WRONG! I forgot that I stopped at Joann's last Sunday afternoon to look for some fabric to back a baby quilt. I found this wild tie-dye flannel that was on super clearance so I bought what they had left, 4.5 yards. That will be enough to back at least 2, probably 3 baby quilts.


My usage was less than the incoming, but I am very happy to report a finished quilt top! My sister and I have been making Wonky Stars for Alycia's QOV block drive. I joined all of the Wonky Stars blocks together, then added a border of 3.5" squares around the stars. You can see about 90% of the quilt here--altogether it has 6 stars across and 8 down, plus the border of scrappy squares all the way around. If only I didn't have to photograph my design wall through a doorway!



TOTALS: 
Used this week:                  1.375 yards     
Used year to date:            141.75 yards

Stashed this week:                4.50 yards
Stashed year to date:      118.375 yards 

Net year to date:            23.375 yards used

Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.  

Julie in GA





4 comments:

  1. It's hard to pass up cheap backing fabric. Even with the addition you are still in the black. That's a fun QOV, the scrappy border makes a nice frame for the blocks. I've got 6 of the Wonky stars to send to Alycia. I'm in search of light scraps to make a few more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An addition with a purpose usually leaves as quickly as it came. Your quilt is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that tie dyed backing!! Your stars are lovely...nice finish hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wonky stars! Congrats on your numbers! Looks like you are using it and adding as you need to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...