Once again I am linking up with Judy's Patchwork Times for the Getting It Done challenge. The theory is that by publicly posting a list of our quilting goals for the coming month, we will be more motivated to reach those goals. I know it has certainly helped keep me focused this year.
I knew that August was going to be a very busy month at work, so only posted 3 goals. Of those three, I accomplished two and barely touched the other.
1. Dancing Stars--make at least 8-10 blocks in this month's color (red) for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 12 blocks made!
2. Scrappy Sampler BOM--make this month's set of blocks. Done! (the 3 in the middle plus 23 Bowtie blocks)
3. Finish making blocks for red, white & blue scrap quilt. 3 small (6") stars done, 12-15 still to make plus a few 12" blocks.
New project started: Scrap Hexies for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge
SEPTEMBER GOALS--This will be another busy month, so my goals are mostly to keep up with monthly projects.
1. Dancing Stars--I am not sure I will want to add any more colors to this quilt. I will make some sample blocks in the chosen color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge to help me decide.
2. Scrappy Sampler BOM--make this month's set of blocks.
3. Scrap Hexies--continue my new hand stitching project.
4. Uneven 9-Patch quilt--finish binding.
See how well other quilters did at reaching their goals this month and what they hope to accomplish in the month ahead at Patchwork Times.
Julie in GA
You did very well on your August goals. Wish I could say the same. I really like the projects you are working on. Those hexies are so cute.ReplyDelete
You were very fair with yourself on setting your goals. I tend to set my goals too high and suffer defeat... Note to self: gotta stop doing that!!! I love the idea of adding the scrap hexies to your RSC blocks each month. It's a great way to keep your stack of hexies growing and have a hand project always at the ready :*)ReplyDelete
You did really well this month especially with all you had going on at work. Good luck with your September goals.ReplyDelete
Great progress and good next goals. Love hexagons!ReplyDelete