Monday, April 29, 2013

Design Wall Monday 4/29/13

This past weekend held a special quilting treat for me.  My mother and my sister Karen arrived from Wisconsin for a visit. Karen and I have made a few quilts together in the past, and we decided to make a baby quilt for her first grandchild which is due in July. She had already made one quilt like this, so she had figured out the the best way to construct the pattern. The first night they were here, she showed the fabrics she had brought along, we pulled out some more choices from my collection, and we were ready to make a start. Here are the fabrics we decided to include.

After only a couple of hours, we had all the pieces cut and stitched into rows. Next chance we get, we will stitch the rows together and add borders.  Then we need to find something for the back.


As usual, I will be linking up to Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday.  Check out all the great inspiration there. 

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...