Sunday, July 21, 2024

Stash Report and Stitching Time 7/21/2024

The quilting room saw plenty of action last week, with most of my time spent on the assembly of my version of the Lighthouse Inn Mystery by Modern Quilt Studio (read more about that project HERE.)  I haven't yet added up my fabric usage on that quilt. In between that, I was stitching Hollow 9-Patch blocks as leaders and enders, using 3/8 yard of fabric to make nine of them. I have a great collection of teal, turquoise and aqua fabrics, some of them dating back two decades or more, and I loved using them in these blocks.


2024 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                     .375 yards
Used year to date:                47.75 yards
Added last week:                     0.0 yards
Added year to date:               43.0 yards
Net used in 2024:              4.75 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. Most of my quilting this week was spent on assembly of the Lighthouse Inn mystery, which requires careful concentration. By the end of the week, I needed a break and decided to play with a new idea, a herringbone design, which I shared in yesterday's post. I'm planning to continue with that one today.

15 Minute Challenge for 2024
7/7 - 7/13                 7 of 7 days
2024 Total          199 of 202 days
Success rate                 98.5 %   


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch Challenge at Life in Pieces. Thanks so much to Donna and Kate for continuing to host these link-ups.

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. You do have some pretty teals in your collection. Great metrics this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to revisit stash from the past -- and even better, to finally use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat Sloan made a teal and neutrals quilt using 2 inch squares. It was really effective.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...