Saturday, October 21, 2023

Scrappy Neutral Blocks

We are nearing the end of October, and I finally have some new blocks to show for my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects. Our assigned colors for October are light neutrals, or we can catch up on blocks from previous months. 

My set of 16-Patch Stars blocks had a total of 18 blocks already made. I decided to add one in black and grey, plus another in brown and tan to bring the total up to 20 blocks.



After finishing those, it was quick work to get all 20 blocks stitched together. This quilt top measures 48.5" x 60.5".


Once that was finished, I moved on to my Jabberwocky blocks. I decided to make a few neutral blocks for this set too. I ended up with two in black and grey, plus one in brown and tan. 

Jabberwocky, blocks finish at 10.25"
pattern by Judy Martin in The Block Book

The next step for the Jabberwocky quilt will be to choose a sashing/border fabric. The blocks will look better with a little separation between them, but it needs to be something that won't distract from the piecing. Time to see what I have in the stash!

Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge every Saturday, and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. 


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

9 comments:

  1. I love all your blocks! Congratulations on that happy quilt top, too. It's very cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are wonderful blocks. The 16 patch star quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 16 patch stars. Jabberwocky is looking great as well. Such a fun block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabric selection for the 16-patch Star blocks is stellar (pun intended!) Each block is so fresh and interesting, and the finished quilt top is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always liked your 16 Patch Star blocks, but seeing them together is beautiful. I love how the stars are scattered randomly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great blocks and the quilt is so lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful star blocks I remember you stitching them throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Star blocks are really fun, and Jabberwocky is going to be another awesome quilt. Looking forward to seeing what you pick for the sashing, you always have such cool ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have loved viewing each color way of your 16 patch stars. Today's reveal was amazing. Your layout of them is stunning! The jabberwocky stars have tweaked my heart each time too. Your neutral choices of fabric just sing!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...