Friday, December 16, 2022

Two Santa Redwork Finishes!

It has taken far longer than expected, but I finally finished the two redwork Santa embroideries that were started more than a year and a half ago. The first was finished off in a 5" hoop.


It had been many years since I had done any kind of embroidery, and it was fun to revisit this form of needlework. For the back of the piece, I applied a circle of stiff fusible interfacing to the wrong side of the red poinsettia fabric, then turned the edges and stitched it down.


The second embroidered piece is a small wallhanging that finished at 14.5" square. 


There is echo quilting around Santa and all his goodies. The border has holly leaves stitched end to end along with little clusters of berries. You can see a closer view of the border quilting below.


The embroidery was done on a piece of linen purchased at JoAnn Fabrics, and my stitching was done with #8 perle cotton. The silly Santa fabric shown below is on the back. 


The embroidery designs were from the book Just Be Claus by Robin Kingsley. I'm trying to decide which design to make next.


Linking up with:
Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation
Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts
Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More


Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA


4 comments:

  1. I think I have that book somewhere, purchased during a sale, I think. Haven't made anything from it, but I should track it down and make a plan for next year. Your finishes are lovely.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute stitchery projects! Looking forward to seeing what you decide for your next project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are so fun!! and very festive!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...