Sunday, March 15, 2020

Stitching and DeStashing--Week 11, 2020

I thought there would be lots of quilting happening while I have been at home trying to avoid the coronavirus, but not much has happened yet. Mostly I have been concentrating on trying to dig through the overwhelming piles of fabrics, UFOs, sample blocks, magazines, patterns, etc., that have taken over my sewing room. I'm making progress, but it has been slow.

No change to the stash over the past week--nothing in or out. When I get to the point of sorting through my fabric shelves, I hope to talk myself into purging some of the pieces that have been hanging around for decades. It would be great to clear some space, but I find it almost impossible to give up fabric, even the old stuff.

2020 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                             0.0 yards
Used year to date:                        10.0 yards
Added last week:                            0.0 yards
Added year to date:                        0.0 yards
Net used year to date               10.0 yards



Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I missed one day last week, but my total is still in good shape.

15 Minute Challenge:  
3/8 - 3/14                   6 of 7 days
2020 Total               71 of 74 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. Many thanks to Donna and to Kate for continuing to host these link-ups!

Happy quilting everyone!

Julie in GA

3 comments:

  1. I don't even want to think about going through my piles and fabrics right now! My room is a mess, but putting it back to rights just isn't an activity I want to engage in. LOL! I think I might find too many other things to do if not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to give away fabric, even the older stash stuff. At least you'll have a clean space to work in when you get it all done. That always helps with my productivity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a hard time giving away no longer loved fabric, even though at my age, I should be doing it. Can't seem to stop buying new fabric, either, although I have cut way down.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...