Saturday, March 28, 2020

Scrappy Rainbow Saturday--Week 13, 2020

It seemed like I would have endless amounts of time for quilting this week, but the majority of my time in the sewing room was spent making face masks. Since the theater where I work is closed down, management wanted to find some kind of work we could do at home. I was so glad when they arranged for us to make these masks--a great way to take advantage of our skills and do something really helpful. 


This lovely rainbow collection, perfect for today's Rainbow Scrap Challenge post, all came from my fabric stash. I finished 24 of these and have about 20 more cut out.



This is the first dozen made with the fabric supplied from work. I found out that it is possible to cut pieces for 96 masks from a 10-yard bolt of fabric, and I have finished 84 of them.

I did find some time to work on one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects. This is my teal and turquoise Scrappy Bear Paw block, made from 2.5" squares for a block that finishes at 14".




I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayI hope you are all staying well and getting lots of quilting done!

Julie in GA

12 comments:

  1. I love the low volume background on your bear paw! It goes so well with the teal paws. Of course, I'm really on a teal kick right now, so the whole block appeals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your rainbow of face masks and that gorgeous TEAL block for the RSC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Big Bear Paw--nice work
    Beautiful masks..it makes you feel good to be doing something when we all feel so out of control with the virus isolating us like this...
    ~ ~ ~ ~ waving from afar Julierose ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mask making here too. I guess it gives us a sense of control in these crazy times. Love yours. Mine are all prints

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful selection of colourful masks you have made, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been really productive. Very colorful masks. Your teal blocks turned out beautifully. Hope your sewing time has been as stress reducing as it has been helpful and productive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that’s a lot of masks! I have made some too, it is nice to feel like I am being helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rainbow masks are the loveliest I've seen yet, Julie, and I'm just captivated by your scrappy bear paw blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I have said this before but you have the prettiest scraps :)

    Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Bear Paw is beautiful and wow! didn't you find the perfect background fabric too!! Beautiful rainbow of masks. Have a safe week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bear paw is gorgeous in teal. Glad you are able to help out with the mask sewing. A pretty rainbow of colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...