Sunday, December 8, 2019

Stitching and Stashing--Week 49, 2019

It was fun having my stash totals sitting at zero (yards used vs. yards added) for the past few weeks, but that's all over now. I added 10.5 yards to the stash last week, and there will be more added next week. I just can't resist those Black Friday deals!

Black and grey were my main selections in this batch. I wanted some new black/dark grey prints to use as the background for my Orange Peel blocks, plus I am also using those colors in Bonnie Hunter's "Frolic" mystery.


The light grey at the left end in the above photo is a fabric that I've been waiting to go on sale before I bought it. That fabric is becoming the framing on my Tiny Tuesday sampler blocks for the 2019 Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I've made a good start on getting the blocks framed out, and before long they can get joined together into rows. I would love to have a finished quilt top before the end of the year.

Tiny Tuesday blocks

The other fabrics I got are intended for the Frolic mystery. The three on the left are all from the Captiva line by Connecting Threads. That is the line of fabrics that became my color palette for the mystery. The two fabrics on the right are additions to my light/background choices.



2019 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:                             0.0 yards
Used year to date:                      51.75 yards
Added last week:                          10.5 yards
Added year to date:                    62.25 yards
Net used year to date:              10.5 yards




Kate's 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces has us tracking how many days each week we get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I've gotten in my 15 minutes every day and hope to continue that streak through the end of the year!

15 Minute Challenge:  
12/1 - 12/7              7 of 7 days
2019 Total         321 of 341 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate and join the 15 Minutes to Stitch challenge at Life in Pieces. 

Happy quilting everyone!


Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Adorable blocks. Looking forward to seeing your Frolic quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing well on your days. It sounds to me as if you really DID have to go shopping for those grays and the other fabrics, so they shouldn't be sitting around long. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, its really hard to resist those sales and if you've got plans for the yardage, then it just makes sense to buy it on sale. You've done so well at finding time to stitch, hope that holds up through the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...