Kevin posted the final layout for the quilt at the end of August. His version was made from 2.5" squares and finished at approximately 72" x 89". Mine is made from 2" squares, and I knew I didn't want a big quilt. I joined four-patches and squares following Kevin's instructions until I reached this point, then declared it finished! This top measures 48" square. Check out the difference in colors in my indoor and outdoor photos!
After completing that top, I still had lots of 4-patches around. I started playing with them on my design wall. This is what I was able to make from those leftovers.
It seemed unfinished, so I added some borders with more squares. Of course, I had used up all the original parts, so making the borders meant cutting and sewing even more squares. Eventually I ended up with this 39" top, perfect for a baby quilt.
I'm linking up with Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, Moving it Forward at Em's Scrapbag and Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt. I'm also linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday at My Quilt Infatuation, Let's Make Baby Quilts at Michelle's Romantic Tangle, Whoop Whoop Friday at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished or Not Friday at Alycia Quilts.
Happy quilting everyone!
Julie in GA