Saturday, December 1, 2018

Rainbow Progress

There hasn't been much time for quilting lately, but I have been able to get the blocks joined into rows for my Squared Away sampler. These were all made over the past year as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, hosted by Angela. The block patterns/tutorials were posted each month by Mari at The Academic Quilter. Thanks to both of them for sharing this wonderful project with us!


RSC Squared Away sampler

My blocks finish at 7.5" square and the sashing is 1.5", so this little quilt should finish around 47" x 56". I used the background fabric as the sashing to let the blocks float on the background, plus a solid grey for a bit of contrast as the cornerstones.



The rows haven't been joined to one another yet because I am considering finishing this as another quilt-as-you-go project. One of my major quilting goals for next year is to finish more quilts, and I'm hoping that QAYG will help make that possible.

I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is more fun than Housework on SundayBe sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 

Julie in GA

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Looks wonderful. I love the floating effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked your background fabric for Squared Away, and the gray cornerstones work really well with it! It's going to be a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are really great with this grey background, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! Your sampler is the first that I have seen where the blocks are floating! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the floating effect!
    If you do QAYG, will you do hand-quilting or machine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blocks on the grey, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful! You are making great progress. The background fabric is such a nice design choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to remember how you floated these blocks. It is looking amazing. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done! I like the floaty effect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...