Sunday, July 16, 2017

Stash Report Sunday 7/16/17

My stashbusting efforts hit a milestone yesterday--60 yards used for the year! I know it's not a huge amount for many people, but for me it is a very good total after 6-1/2 months. My usage goal for the year is 100 yards, and I have made an excellent start at reaching that goal.

My usage for the week was 2.25 yards for a set of Scrappy Trips blocks. I'm planning to combine these blue blocks with some red ones I made earlier in the year for a Quilt of Valor.

Scrappy Trips Around the World
15" blocks made from 3" strips
pattern by Bonnie Hunter

This photo shows a few of the fabrics from these blocks. Some I remember so clearly, others I have no idea where or when I got them. The cream print with teapots and cups on it is at least 20 years old. I used it to make a little wallhanging for a friend who collected blue & white china.



2017 STASH TOTALS
Used last week:            2.25 yards
Used year to date:       60.00 yards
Added last week:             0.0 yards
Added year to date:        8.25 yards

Net used year to date:  51.75 yards


I am continuing to join Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking how many days each week I manage to get in at least 15 minutes of quilting time. I'm trying to keep on track with some quilting time every single day.

15 Minute Challenge:  
7/15 - 7/21                 7 of 7 days
2017 Total          191 of 196 days


Check out more stash reports at quiltpaintcreate, and add your own report so we can keep this linky going.

Julie in GA

4 comments:

  1. Great numbers! I also have fabrics that are old enough to vote. I only wish I'd use 60 yards in a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, I think 60 yards is a great number!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! You are headed in the right direction and I know you can reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reaching the fabric usage milestone. You've done so well on both the stash management and on finding time to stitch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...