Monday, March 20, 2017

Design Wall Monday 3/20/17

It was a quiet, relaxing weekend with plenty of time for quilting. I was able to spend a large portion of Saturday, National Quilting Day, trying out a new-to-me pattern. This was my first attempt at Wonky Log Cabins. 



My blocks were inspired by a tutorial at Kat & Cat Quilts called The Four-Fat-Quarter Baby Quilt. Kat's version starts with (you guessed it) four fat quarters. Her blocks finish up at about 14" x 17". I decided to scale mine up a bit and started with four pieces that measured 20" by 24". My blocks as shown here measure 17" x 21". I'm auditioning the bright orange for sashing and/or a small inner border.


I had a great time playing with a new technique and using it on these fun fabrics. They just need a couple of borders to turn them into a cute (and very bright!) baby quilt.

I am linking up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check out all of them for tons of amazing quilting inspiration! 

Julie in GA

6 comments:

  1. What a neat idea for making fun blocks...and what a quick and easy and cute baby quilt it will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! What's funny is I was just looking at a different tutorial for basically the same block yesterday and saved it to try in the (possibly) near future! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy baby quilt design, and quick too. Good colors for babies who like bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very bright and happy! Those large blocks make for a quick baby quilt. I like the orange as the sashing, it adds to that happy feeling of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking great, I love a bit of wonky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks . . . and the orange is a total winner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...