Saturday, February 18, 2017

Teal and Turquoise Scrappiness

My progress on Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects was limited this week. I've been fighting a terrible cold, and it greatly limited my energy for quilting. Even when I felt the urge to quilt, it needed to be something simple because my brain was so foggy that decision making was nearly impossible. All I was capable of doing was running pieces of fabric through the machine.

I'm working through my drawer of 3" strips, and I still have plenty of teal and turquoise strips to use. I decided to make a variation of Friendship Stars that I believe is called Ribbon Stars. I believe I borrowed this idea/design from Cathy at Cathy's Crazy by Design. She is showing a beautiful set of these blocks this week. I plan to continue making more of these this month and in future months. 




The square-in-a-square nine-patches down the sides of the photo are leftovers from a Storm at Sea quilt I started in 2001 and finished in 2012. Some of those blocks were already made, and I finished making the rest this week. I also made the little Broken Dishes blocks that run across the top from more of those leftovers.

Here is a photo of my finished Storm at Sea quilt, followed by a closer shot showing some of the fabrics. This quilt is the main reason I have such a sizable collection of teal and turquoise scraps.




I am linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday and at Oh Scrap! over at Quilting is more fun than Housework on Sunday. Be sure to check out all of the wonderful scrappy projects at both places. 



Julie in GA

18 comments:

  1. OMG, I love your storm at sea quilt! I also made one for me daughter's wedding...but your colors are more my style! Mine won a 3rd place ribbon at the OC Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Your Storm at Sea is so awesome! WOW! Hope you get better real soon. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS storm at sea quilt!! Love the 9 patch centers, the colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that Storm at Sea is gorgeous!
    I was thinking of making some of those Friendship Star variation blocks too. I love the movement they create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your storm at sea is stunning!! All your blocks lined up on the wall look great, a terrific collection of fabrics. Hope you feel 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ❤️ your Storm at Sea!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful turquoises you have! I really like those friendship star variations, too! They will make a fun secondary pattern in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The saturated teals and turquoises are really striking! Beautiful Storm at Sea quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those colors! Great scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You made some nice RSC sewing progress this week. But, that Storm at Sea? It's SPECTACULAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Joyful.That quilt is spectacular. Looks like you made great progress on your aqua scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the mention and link about the Friendship Star variation. Your Storm at Sea is to die for! I’ve wanted to do one for a long time now, and I think your colors and fabrics add an extra spark. Divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful selection of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your storm at sea is amazing. Great colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that quilt is gorgeous! I like that the economy block units have nine patches in their centers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty. I have the pattern and it is the next one I want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Storm at Sea quilt, the colors are gorgeous. Your use it up scrappy blocks are pretty too. Hope you are feeling much better now. Colds are absolutely no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are gorgeous. For someone not feeling well you certainly rose to the occasion. thatfabricfeeling.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...