Sunday, September 25, 2016

Stash Report & Design Wall 9/25/16

Since it is rather late in the day, I decided to combine my usual Sunday Stash Report with an early design wall post. This is the first year that I have decided to join in on Bonnie Hunter's 2016 Leader & Ender Challenge. Her chosen block for this year is the hourglass unit. I have started by cutting pieces from our assigned monthly colors for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, grey for August and red for September. I'm not sure what these will become, but I love having precut pieces sitting next to my machine, ready to be stitched together. Here is what has been completed so far.


Hourglass leader/ender blocks, 4" finished size

Besides the fabric used in the hourglass blocks, I also used 7/8 yard for the 3D Folded Box blocks that I made for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. You can see those in yesterday's post.

STASH TOTALS: 

     Used last week:                 1.875 yards     
Used year to date:            65.625 yards

Stashed last week:               0.0 yards
 Stashed year to date:         66.0 yards 

 Net year to date:   .375 yards stashed


I am joining Kate at Life in Pieces in tracking the number of days each week that I spend at least 15 minutes quilting. I am trying hard to get back to my pattern of quilting every day, even if it's only for a short time.

15 Minute Challenge:  
Sept. 18 - 24                 7 of 7 days
Year to date            240 of 268 days


350 Block Challenge at Prairie Moon Quilts
Blocks made Sept. 18 - 24:   56 
(All those hourglass units really added up!)


Check out more stash reports at Patchwork Times.  On Monday I will also link up to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag. Check them all out to see lots of wonderful creations!

Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. Good going on your leader/ender project. I love doing these with all my sewing. I'm not doing the HST for that, but always have some 2.5" squares handy. Before you know it, it will be a quilt.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making those in the RSC colors is a really good idea. I really like your grays and reds togheter, those alone would make a gorgeous quilt. You've done so well at keeping up with the stitching even when you've been so busy. Looks like you'll have a very productive year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided to do Bonnie's challenge also. Also making four inch finished squares. Mine are coming from my scrap bag - just pulling 2 1/2" strips of lights and prints to make them. Great numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arranging the hourglass blocks in groups of four makes them more interesting. How many do you think you're going to make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too like to have cut pieces by my machine. Ready for a little mindless sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...