Tuesday, July 5, 2016

OMG July 2016 Goal


It's time once again to link up my goal for OMG (One Monthly Goal) at Red Letter Quilts . Our color for July at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge is hot pink, and I plan to work on a UFO that features pink this month.


This is one of the Shooting Stars blocks that was started in a class I took in 2010. I made two blocks in the class, then two more last year and four more earlier this year. I think 12 blocks will be a good number for a throw quilt. Here are all the blocks that are done so far.



I haven't decided if I will go ahead with the tilted framing on the blocks like the two have at the top. My goal for July is to make some more blocks and get them all joined together into a finished quilt top by the end of the month.

In case you are curious about how to make this block, HERE is a tutorial for this pattern.

I'm heading over to the link-up for OMG at Red Letter Quilts to see what everyone else hopes to get done this month!

Julie in GA

2 comments:

  1. I remember these blocks. Love the pink and brown palette you used. Good luck with your OMG for July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous block, Julie! Love that you are working with hot pink this month. Good luck with your goal. I know you'll achieve it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...