Monday, June 20, 2016

Design Wall Monday 6/20/16

The last thing I should have done this weekend was to start a new quilt project, but that's exactly what has happened. I received an email last week about a quilt drive being held by the Orlando Modern Quilt Guild to collect quilts for those affected by the shooting at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head ever since.



Their goal is to get at least 102 quilts, enough for each of the survivors and for the families of the victims. If they end up with more, those will go to the first responders who were on the scene. The design theme is rainbow hearts, and there are several links for patterns and design ideas. You can find lots more info HERE and HERE.

I knew I had several rainbow colored fabrics in my stash, but I was surprised at just how many I found. Some may not include every color of the rainbow, but I think they come close enough. I am making 10" heart blocks, half of them with black background and half with bright backgrounds. There are 18 blocks finished so far, and I need either 35 or 48 of them for a good sized throw quilt. 



I am sharing with Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times, Monday Making at Love Laugh Quilt, and Moving It Forward at Em's Scrapbag.




Julie in GA

5 comments:

  1. I started one this week-end too. Like you, I just could not stop thinking about it. Mine are 4 inch hearts that will make a larger heart in the ROYGBIV. I found the pattern on one of their pages from the website. I can't remember which one. I was able to do mine from my stash but I'm shopping for a really nice backing. Love your blog, read it often. Keep quilting!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to start a quilt for the Orlando victims, but I think I'll have to content myself with making a few blocks. Love your bright and colorful hearts. It's going to be a very fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...